I made a personalized baby blanket for a pregnant girlfriend. She requested it and I agreed happily...before finding out how many letters are in the name. LOL It is SERIOUSLY oblong. I prefer square baby blankets, but there was just nothing I could do. If I had it to do over again I would have made the letters only one row wide. That would have elliminated about a foot of blanket width.
Seeing how wide it would be I wanted to add some interest to the negative space. I found a fun fillet 3D flower pattern online and used that above and below the name...I just placed them randomly. I like the way they came out.
I intended to make the ruffled edge two rows wide. After one row I was "done". This took about 12 hours of work...which is more than my craft ADD likes to commit, too.
Here is my final product:
And a close up...
Thank you for looking!!!