I got the idea for this little garden hat this afternoon and got right to work. I am so pleased with how it turned out.
I used a K hook. The hat is child/toddler sized. 20" wide and 7.5" deep.
The base of the hat is a simple HDC beanie crocheted out of Lily Sugar 'N Cream Cotton Yarn. I increased to 54 directly (9, 18, 27, 36, 45, 54) and continued with 54 stitches down to row 15. I then switched to the green yarn. I totally winged the edging. The majority of the stitches are SC. My best attempt at describing the stems would be that I inserted the hook one or two rows below, yo, pull back thru and contined the sc in the next stitch. It was very simple, but awkward to describe. After that I continued with another row of 54 SC. Then fastened off.
I sewed on assorted buttons to look like flowers on the stems.